Thursday, July 22, 2010

It is amazing the time that passes...

One year ago today.. I was in Zambia Africa. I have been remembering the wonderful people that helped me get there and also the wonderful people that I met there. Some of the most wonderful, happy, kind, selfless people I have ever met. What a life changing experience it was! I feel so blessed that the experience was mine. (Just as I feel blessed that this experience of a mission is mine) I have been thinking about the love that we have for people. About the great experience it is to be able to meet people and build relationships with them. I was thinking also alot about why I ultimately decided to serve a mission.. It all comes down to PEOPLE.. Individuals that all are unique and wonderful in there own special way. I have been trying to remind myself each day that I am here for them.
Africa taught me that I am capable of loving so much more then I thought was possible.. Although I have been taught through out my life that we are all created in God's Image.. and that God is all-loving. Which means that if we are created like him we are capable of loving everyone.. and commanded to do so. What a blessing and challenge that is.
I have felt many times complete love for strangers that I have met on the streets.. I also have felt a deep desire for them to be able to feel, hear, and understand the wonderful new of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love this Church.. The great teachings... Christ's teachings.
The exciting news this week is that there will be a baptism! The Sisters that have served in this area the past few months have been teaching a great guy named Michael the gospel. He was introduced by a very close friend. As I have been blessed to be a part of the experience for just a few short weeks I can see the sincerity of heart and the desire that he has to follow Christ's example and enter into the waters of Baptism. I feel blessed.. I say that often.. and sometimes I just really think that missions are about witnessing Miracles.. Truly that is what a mission is. I see miracles everyday.. big and small. BUT only if I am really looking.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. How grateful I am for my Savior Jesus Christ, who broke the bands of death and satisfied the demands of justice. I am grateful for His beautiful example of love and charity. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, I know that is it truly the word of God, all those who read it will be able to feel it's power if done with a sincere heart! I have seen it's power to change lives, including my own. I am so grateful for that!
I love you all!
Sister Pallas

No comments:

Post a Comment