Monday, May 2, 2011

Lately

I have been trying to comprehend how our Heavenly Father feels about each of us.. I think that he desires so much that we follow Him and His Son, so that we can enjoy the blessings that he has for us.. He LOVES us SO MUCH, and when we choose to not follow Him... He gets sad. I feel sad often for the welfare of the souls of others...
My favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon lately is in 2 Nephi 2:30 "... I have chosen the good part, according to the words of the prophet. And I have none other object save it be the everlasting welfare of your souls. Amen." This scripture was written by Lehi at the end of his life... he didn't care about or desire anything else accept the welfare of the souls of his children and i'm sure his people. I have been feeling that way lately when I look around at the people I see each day.. and all I desire for them is that they will Come onto Christ.
It has been a while since I've "blogged" Sorry about that.. It has been just a whirlwind here in my mission life. There are so many changes in missionary life and I often wonder how we are expected to handle all of it and focus on Our Purpose as missionaries.. But then I realized that ... that this is the way life is... Things for us are always changing, we are changing... and it is SO IMPORTANT... that with all the changes and complications and trials.. and maybe even good things that take up our time.. we don't lose sight of our Saviors Love.. That we don't stop doing the things that are so important... going to Church, Reading our scriptures and saying our Prayers! These are the basics.. and the most important things we can be doing.. These things help us become more like our Savior. If we are doing these things we will be loving and serving those around us and our lives will be filled with happiness.. even JOY.
New Jersey is just a super unique place.. The people here are very special.
I love my mission..
Sister Pallas

No comments:

Post a Comment