Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Dear Readers, Friends, Family, and Anyone else who happens upon this Blog.. The first week at the MTC... it has been a truly amazing experience. I have been picked up from the ground by the spirit countless times. The peace and beauty of this place emanates. I have a district that is fantastic. There are 6 elders and 4 sisters in my district including me! My companion is Sister Beckwith, I think we were sisters in another life. We get along really well. My teachers are so great and have offered me lots of comfort and strength while being here so far. I have grown so much in just these few days I've been here. I want to share with you how I feel about a dear friend of mine today. I found out on Sunday that Ryan MacPherson passed away on Wednesday morning. He was a friend that I hold so dear to my heart. I have a hard time comprehending that he is really gone. When I found out I really couldn't believe it had happened. I was upset, frustrated, and so extremely sad. The day was by far one of the hardest days of my life. Trying to keep going with my studies and trying to be positive. I had so many tender mercies granted to me although. I think it was a true inspiration of the spirit that I was able to say goodbye to him on Tuesday night. An experience that I will hold so close to me. After a lot of tears, I was able to get comfort from so many people. My father was able to give me a blessing over the phone. The love I felt from the blessing was indescribable. It was a very neat experience. I'm so grateful to my Father for being able to do that for me. The prayers from the sweet sisters in my district have been great also. I also had one of my teachers share a scripture with me that has offered me great comfort at this time, it is in D&C 130:2 And that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy. This scripture I have read over and over. Ryan's Sweet face comes to my mind every time, along with his sweet wife Ashley and beautiful daughter Lily. We can all exist as we now do but with the beautiful eternal glory! It sounds beautiful and I can not wait to be there with my family someday, and with Ryan. When I said goodbye to Ryan I did not realize it would be for life. I also did not realize that me and him were scheduled to head on our missions the same day. The Lord has a plan for each one of us that I truly know, and for this knowledge I am eternally grateful for. I love this gospel, I'm so grateful to be able to share the beautiful message of it to all the people I come in contact with. I have another scripture to leave with you today that is exactly how I feel. It is Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. I love you all so much! You have all been a great strength to me. When I think about all of you who are praying for me, it carries me through my days. Thank you all for your faith. I know that our Heavenly Father loves all his children and for this knowledge I am so grateful! Love, Sister Kaitlyn Pallas

3 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn,
    I love you so much and your faith and strength eminates through. Thank you for being my friend and example.

    ReplyDelete