Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Jersey is sometimes the HOTTEST place I have ever been in my life...

I have had a fantastic week! So many good days! I hope all of you got the opportunity to watch General Conference! It was an amazing experience! For the first time in my life I got to watch it broadcasted at a church building. It was a way cool experience! I loved being able to really focus on what the speakers had to say, I learned so much!
We had one of our investigators attend the Saturday morning session! It was great, we met with her last night. We asked her how she like it, she said that she was filled with emotion and she felt completely cleansed. Her name is Liz, I'm not sure if I've already mentioned her already or not but, She is amazing, she really loves the Gospel already. Every time we get to teach her I get way excited because I already know the lesson will go great! She reads from the Book of Mormon and is also studying the Gospel Doctrines manual. She always just says: It makes sense!!
We had a wonderful picnic in between session on Saturday with Sister Nieves and her two daughters, Bebe and Maria!! They are some of my favorite people here in NJ! We had lunch with them and also some of the Elders in the Area. The weather here has been beautiful! The humidity is starting to get to me but i think i will be able to handle it...maybe! :)
One of my favorite talks from Conference was Pres. Uchtdorfs talk about being "His Hands". It made me really think about what i am here doing. Everyday I get to put on a tag that say: The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints. i am his representative. It is an amazing thing, listening to his talk made me think more about the calling of a missionary. How we are able to be his hands, eyes, and heart. It is such a privilege to be able to watch conference, to know that what these wonderful speakers have to say to us is directly from God. That there inspiring messages are meant for each one of us to improve our lives, to answer our questions and to give us comfort from our lives challenges. I had an experience that enlightened me on a few things... How grateful I am for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation, that I know I can be with those I love again someday. How grateful i am for the power of the Priesthood, to bless and comfort my life. How grateful I am for people that are caring and look out for each other. How grateful I am for my FAMILY. I thought of them often as i watched conference! I realized how blessed I feel that I was lucky enough to belong to them! I love my family, i love the support they give me.
Another exciting thing that happened here, also happened everywhere... April 6th: The 180th anniversary of the Organization of this wonderful Gospel! Such a blessing!! We would be so far from where we are if not for the wonderful Prophet Joseph Smith who, had courage and strength and faith to fulfill the things asked of him. Also special to that day, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Who I am so eternally grateful too, for his infinite sacrifice, for his love and compassion, for his beautiful example of Charity. No amount of words can encompass the Love he has for us.
Another week down. Blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment