Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blessed

I don't have much time this week.. but I did want to share an experience I had this week!
I was so very blessed to be able to talk with my family this past Sunday.. Mother's Day! In our Sacrament meeting they talked all about Mothers. It made me really think about how much I love my own mom. I love her for so many reasons.. but a few of them are:
:For teaching me to learn and grow in the Gospel
:For being so selfless
:For being patient and kind always
:For helping me learn and grow to love sewing, and quilting
:For being the kind of mother to her children that I hope to be to my children someday!
I love my Mom!
Aside from the wonderful Sacrament meeting I was able to attend I was also privileged to hear from an Apostle of the Lord, Elder Jeffery R. Holland.
What an amazing experience that was. As I stood when he walked into the room, I was overwhelmed, the spirit was so strong. I felt so much love from him and his wonderful wife. I learned so much from his and his wife's beautiful messages, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on one thing he said.
He was talking about the Miracles that Christ performed while he was on the earth, healing the sick, raising the dead, giving sight to those who were blind. Those acts that he performed were living proof that Jesus Christ truly was The Son of The Living God. Miracles continue to happen in this life, from our Savior Jesus Christ! Nothing has changed from the time Christ was giving sight to those who were blind, to now. Jesus Christ and God are still continuing to run this Gospel. "Miracles have not ceased. "It is ALWAYS bigger, it ALWAYS gets better, we get more then we dreamed of."
Everyday I get to see the small Miracles of our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that you all take the time to try to recognize those things, for they are the ties that can connect us more fully to our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ.

1 comment: