Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Friends and Family!

This has been a good week... I realized in my emails I don't give to many details of what is really going on here.. I really like to share what I learn each week... but here are some events that take place in my week!
Every week we do volunteer work at a place called the Pitman Manor. It is a Care Home, I have met so many wonderful people there and I look forward to visiting with them each week. I met a really sweet lady named Ruth, she and I have a sweet bond. She used to sew all the time and loves to share with us her photo album of all her creations! It keeps me happy being able to talk about sewing to someone who understand the addiction! :) I miss my sewing machines!
We get to visit with sweet old women in our ward. There is another special friend that I have made here her name is Sister Streeter! She is a fantastic lady! Always so dressed up and welcoming to the missionaries... I've adopted her as another Grandmother! We check on her often to make sure she is doing alright.
I had an experience yesterday while we were walking down Broadway in Pitman. It is a cute street in the center of Pitman that has lots of cute store fronts.. We were just walking through talking to people, when we met this boy named Dale... He is 16 years old and we were able to talk to him about the wonderful Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is such a good feeling when you get to introduce people to the great blessings that come from learning of the church. We also got to talk to 2 other guys about God. We asked them if they believed in God... Their answer made me really sad... they said.."We are confused about that." We were able to share with them that there is a God who loves us all. We were able to give them the church website.. www.mormon.org I really love being able to invite people. That is all we are here to do... Invite.. It is a blessing and a privilege to be here. I am blessed.
Each week is different and wonderful... I am learning so much about myself...
Everyday I think about my wonderful friends in Africa that say: "You can manage" It is a good reminder that anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment