Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Experiences...

I have had so many experiences this week that have helped me realize that I have really been prepared to be here on this mission. I think life is always going to be about learning. Learning from our mistakes, learning from our strengths, learning from our experiences and opportunites.
This week, I have learned new things, relearned old things, and it has made me grateful for the opportunity that each and everyone of us have to LEARN!
We had a lesson on Sunday about the Gift of the Holy Ghost (what a special gift). We watched a little video (I think it was a Morman message on youtube) about a little boy in the Dominican Republic how he was staying at a shelter with a couple that took in children to try and help them so they didn't have to live on the streets. These people were trying to make a difference in the lives of people around them. The church found out about this situation and sent help, clothing, food, a few toys. This boy talked about how he felt when he was able to have his own brand new clothing. As I was thinking about this, we started discussing gifts. How we sometimes recieve gifts that we appreciate at the moment and then take it for granted. We are always wanting something bigger and better. I have often thought about those kids in Africa that I met last summer and how they have influenced my life. Tears rolled down my checks when I thought of how the boy in the video must have taken care of the things that he received, he must have always been grateful for the few things that he was able to gain that day.
How many time in our lives do we want more than we really need and forget what we already have?
What I am doing here is helping me learn and grow each day. It is helping me appreciate the things that I have in my life, I am trying to not take them for granted. The simple thing I am trying to ask people here to do is to learn, to learn about the Book of Mormon. It is a powerful book, and a beautiful GIFT that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with.
I'm grateful to be here to be able to share this gift with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment