Wednesday, June 23, 2010

People that I have met

There are so many wonderful experiences to share from each week. I have realized I haven't share much about the people that I have been so very privileged to meet and to teach so far. So here are some tidbits about the people that are helping me be a better person:

Samantha: We started teaching Samantha on Friday. She is 12 years old, she was learning about religion in her classes at school. She went home and asked her mother..."What religion are we?" Her mom then told her well you were blessed in the Mormon Church. She then asked "Well can we go?" They have been coming to church for the last 2 months. Our lesson with her about the restoration was fabulous. We were able to teach her and her 8 year old sister Jessica. I am so grateful for Sam's example. To be able to ask questions and to jump right into such a wonderful thing. Her only question to us during the lesson was.. "How do you become a member of the church?" Sam is amazing

Joshua: We met Josh on Sunday. He is from India and is a Christian. He has been to Salt Lake and attended church out there once. He has a lot of questions and we did our best to answer them. It was so great to see his kindness and love for Our Savior. We hope to continue teaching him.

Sis. Alta Streeter: She is a member of our ward! She is one of the best examples to me. She is very sick and doesn't feel good most of the time. She lives very close to us so we check up on her often. She was baptized about 30 years ago (I think) and her husband eventually did follow about 3 years before he passed away. To hear her tell the story of him asking to be baptized makes me cry, and to be able to also hear her share about them being sealed in the temple for time and eternity is also very touching. I have learned a lot from her and love her so much.

I will try and share more about the people that are apart of my life here in New Jersey.. The ones that are changing my very life as I know it. That are sanding down the rough parts of myself and helping me learn and grow. The last person I want to write about today is my lovely companion:

Sister Rowe: She is such a wonderful person, full of love for others and recognizes fully the blessings of being obedient. I have learned so much from her and hope to continue to learn more! She and I have a lot of fun together, we have been making lots of goals for improving each week.

I can truly see the Miracles happening. This work is amazing. I love it .. although hard at times, I get to glimpse into Heaven on a daily basis. I love this Gospel that provides so much guidance and support in this life on our Journey back to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment