Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hello: Friends and Family....

Sorry to miss a week.. but last Preparation Day... was crazy busy and exhausting...
We were blessed with the opportunity to go to Philadelphia for the day! What an exciting experience that was! We didn't do to much because there wasn't a ton of time and there is just so much to see! We were able to go to the Philadelphia Art Museum and walk up the steps.. and of Course we couldn't miss taking our picture with the "ROCKY" statue. The city was beautiful.. We walked through down town.. saw the Free Public Library.. and enjoyed LOVE park.
We were able to meet up with a lot of missionaries.. which was probably the best part. There are so many great missionaries in this mission.. (of course all around the world as well) I was able to see SISTER ROWE!! Who I just love. I hadn't seen her for 3 months.. seemed like forever.. she gave me all sorts of updates about the happenings in Pitman! The most exciting.. I hope you all remember Liz who got baptized about 5 months ago, well she has a son that got baptized yesterday! Dan is a great guy and I am very excited about this great news!
The other really good part about Philadelphia.. was the cheese steak sandwich that we got to eat... from a corner store called Gooey Looie's. So good.. so good.
So last Sunday.. We were so privileged to be able to hear from an apostle of the Lord; Elder Neal Anderson. It was amazing to be able to meet him and to hear his words and his counsel. There is something very special about these men called of God. I feel their love and there powerful testimonies. The meetings were wonderful and they talked a lot about the Temple that is in the works here in Philadelphia! What a blessing for so many people here to have a temple so close! I am so excited for the people to receive this great blessing in their lives!
And this Sunday.. I was able to speak in sacrament meeting. It was a great opportunity! I found out the night before that there were going to be about 30ish students of a world religion class attending the meeting. (how cool.. they get to go to different church services and learn about them, they were all given Books of Mormon and also a member from our ward goes to their class before and after they come to church and teaches them more about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ!) Well I think my talk went well.. and I felt ok about it! The Bishop of our ward also gave a talk about the 13 Articles of Faith. Which was so great.. all the teachings of the gospel all crammed in there!
I feel so blessed with the many opportunities that are mine here.. I hope this entry finds you all well and happy!
Love you all!
Sister Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment