Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cool story of the week:

So Sister Reynolds and I.. were on our way to a member of our wards home.. So we put the address in the GPS.. we are driving along.. we get out on the street and immediately a boy starts talking to us. He asked us.. "Which church do you go to?" We told him which church and wrote down the address, we also asked him if he had ever heard of the Book of Mormon. He said "actually I have like 3 copies at my house." So we invited him to come to church and continue to read the Book of Mormon. He didn't come to church .. but I really feel like we were where we were supposed to be at that time. Then we continued to walk down the street to where the address was. We met these two men.. talking on the streets of Norristown... They didn't seem too interested in what we had to say but they took Book of Mormon cards.. But then they stopped us and asked us where we were from.. and what we were doing. So we told them.. and told them about the BOM and the church.. the whole bit. One man said to us.. "You aren't going to change anybody here!" .... I was thinking to myself.. "You don't know anything .. just watch I'll change people here".... Then.. the spirit put me in my place! .. the next words that came out of my mouth were.. "You're exactly right.. I won't change anyone here.. but the SPIRIT will." The other man talking to us... was like.. "You are right.. I will remember how I felt talking to you.. There is something different something special... (and then he gave us the fist pound!)" It was rad... and then the best ending to this story is... We were on the wrong street. The member we were trying to find had moved.. So for reals I know I was where the Lord wanted me to be at that time. :) But don't worry we did find our appointment and had a wonderful lesson!
This story is just one of the many beauties we get to experience here in mission life. I love getting to meet all sorts of wonderful people and having these experiences that strengthen my Faith in my Savior and Heavenly Father. I know that they are there for me and that they love me... and also that they love All their Children! All of you! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It is amazing.
I love you all!
Sister Kaitlyn Pallas

No comments:

Post a Comment