Tuesday, October 5, 2010

All I have to say this week is that ... I hope EVERYONE had an opportunity to listen to our wonderful Prophet and his Apostles.. and leaders.

If you missed out on this goodness... check out.. www.lds.org
I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to hear from these inspired men and women and hear the messages that they have been fasting and praying over for weeks!
One of my favorite talks... although there were many was Pres. Uchctdorf: He talked about the 4 most important relationships that we can have in our lives..
1: Our relationship with God, we are His children. He has so much love for ALL of us that we can't even comprehend it.
2: Our relationship with our Family, can I just tell you all that I have the best family! I do.. they are perfect for me. I am also grateful to know that I can live with them forever. Forever.
3: Our relationship with our Fellowmen, there are people around us everyday that need a smile, listening ear, just time. We are the hands of our Savior when we serve his children.
4: Our relationship with Ourselves, take time to ponder the things that are important to us. Get to know ourselves!
He counseled us to slow down, take time, and refocus ourselves on the things that are really important in our lives. "Joyfully partake of the Simplicity"
I also really loved the talk about Gratitude from our beloved Prophet Pres. Thomas S. Monson: He challenged all of us to have "Attitudes of Gratitude" To live in thanksgiving daily, take time to pause and contemplate all our blessings, pray to be able see and recognize things to be grateful for. He also counseled us to always express our love and gratitude for those around us.. I have so many people to be grateful for in my life.. especially now, people I would never have met if i didn't decide to serve a mission. It still feels unreal to me that each morning I get to wake up and put on a name tag that says: Sister Pallas... The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints, I feel so blessed to be able to be a representative of my Savior. How I love Him and all that He has done for me. I love all of you as well for supporting me and remembering me in your prayers.. I feel them. :)
Love you all... Have a Blessed Day!
Sister Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment