Monday, November 22, 2010

D+C 78:19 And he who recieveth all things with THANKFULNESS shall be made glorious:

and the things of this earth shall be added unto him even an hundred fold, yea, more.

Doesn't that just make you want to be grateful and thankful all the time! When I was studying about Gratitude this week I happened upon this scripture.. It made me think about how my prayers are with my Heavenly Father.. I asked myself if I was thanking him enough for all the many wonderful blessings and miracles that I have experienced in my life. So.. I challenge you all.. to think about your prayers... are you thanking Heavenly Father enough for the wonderful things in our lives.. and... Then when I looked back at the wording of this scripture.. receiveth ALL things.. The good the bad the hard and the easy. EVERYTHING. Lets just say.. It became one of my goals this week.. to offer more prayers of gratitude. Once you start.. you can't really stop, it is an incredible thing.

Just so you all know.. Pennsylvania.. is really cold in November.. in case any of you were wondering.. but I am surviving the madness of the cold weather. I will just tell you that Hot Chocolate.. is like my new favorite drink, actually hot chocolate and MILO.. (some sort of Australian hot coco.. that is great, thanks to Sister Soolefai!) And.. I love blankets, jackets, thick tights, leggings, thermals.. gloves.. etc.. Thank goodness for them! :) The funny part about this is that.. it is only November.. and there isn't even any snow on the ground yet! :)
I wanted to share just a few quick experiences that happened this week.. So we were walking down this street in Downtown Norristown.. and this little boy walked up to Sis. Soolefai and I.. and he said... "Will you guys give me some Sugar?" Sis. Soolefai said.. "we don't have any sugar.." and then he proceeded to give each of us a hug. So.. we then walked away... and Sister Soolefai said.. I don't have any Lollies.. (candy) ... I was cracking up.. because.. he obviously didn't mean candy.. haha... but he was a sweet little boy. As we were walking back up.. we watched him chase down anyone and everyone in his path to give them.. some sugar.. (Hugs) :)
For a more serious experience.. We went to visit the family .. that we are teaching.. We were asking how they liked church? We asked if anything happened that they weren't expecting if they had any questions.. etc.. The only thing that they said that they didn't expect was to be so welcomed at a church. It was incredible! They said they felt so much peace as they were there! It is just incredible what the spirit can do for our souls! :)
Call me GRATEFUL this week.. because that is what I am! I am so grateful for My Savior Jesus Christ.. and for Our Loving Heavenly Father.. for the Gospel of Jesus Christ the Lords Kingdom on the earth today! I am grateful for my loving family and all of you! Happy Thanksgiving!
Sister Grateful.. Pallas
Psalms 100:3-5 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture Enter into his gates with Thanksgiving and into his courts with Praise: be thankful unto him, and his blessed name. For the lord is Good: his mercy is everlasting and his truth endureth to all generations.
And of course I can not forget the most incredible woman I know in my life.. My Mother.. it is her Birthday on Thanksgiving this year so I cannot forget to wish her a Happy Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment